Lock Bumping is one of the most common technique used by burglars to break-in any house. According to statistics provided by the National Crime Prevention Council and the Department of Justice, nearly 2/3 of all break-ins occur with no sign of forced entry. Though there is no accurate data as how many break-ins were a result of lock bumping, but most security analyst estimates that over 50% of home burglaries are caused by lock bumping.
What is Lock Bumping
Lock bumping also known as key bumping is a lock picking technique for opening a pin tumbler lock using a specially cut bump key. To know more about bumping check Lock bumping – How to prevent it.
Best Bump Resistant Door Locks
To protect yourself, family and valuables from burglaries, one can have door locks which provide maximum bump resistant. These door locks should be virtually bump proof or very difficult to get bump. But remember Best Door locks are just one form of security to keep your home safe. Home owners should take additional security measures like lighting the entry and perimeter areas, using alarm systems, motion detectors or keeping a guard dog. Read How to Fortify Your home for additional security measures.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- Provides the convenience of keyless access; customizable to fit your security needs
- Innovative turn lock feature allows you to lock and leave without a key
- 19 user code capacity with 10,000 user code combinations to choose from
- Ideal for front doors, garage entry doors, and side and back doors
- Easily replace most existing deadbolts with a screwdriver in about 30 minutes
- No programming required; preset with two user codes so it’s ready to use right out of the box
- ANSI/BHMA grade 2 certified
- Fits standard door preparations
- Battery operated with over 3 year battery life
Schlage BE365VPLY505 Plymouth Keypad Deadbolt can lock and unlock without a key. Instead, you enter a 4 digit password to lock and unlock the door. Using a code to unlock the door is much faster and easier than fumbling for keys. Also, you’ll never be locked out unless your forget your code. This deadbolt is ideal for exterior, side, or garage entry doors.
5.0 out of 5 stars
- Works with right and left hand swing doors
- Secondary on command locking pin renders working key useless
- Mounts to interior doors and fits repair, remodel, or original construction
- Paintable Cover
- Help prevents assaults, protects occupants and personal
Ul-3000AB Residential Ultimate Lock 3000 series is one of the most secure lock. The Ultimate lock also Strengthens your existing door frame with its specially engineered steel strike plate. It’s designed to withstand extraordinary force and is virtually unbreakable.
3.9 out of 5 stars
- Pick-resistant—it passes the most stringent lock-picking standard (UL437, par 11.6)
- BumpGuard technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping
- Features a fully adjustable latch and deadbolt to fit all standard door preparations
- BHMA/ANSI Grade 1 certified deadbolts–the highest level of residential security
- Kwikset Signature Series Product
- Backed by a lifetime mechanical and finish warranty
The Kwikset 98015SMTCP single-cylinder deadbolt featuring SmartKey technology provides the utmost in security without compromising on style: Not only is it ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 certified—the highest level of residential security—it’s also available in a variety of finishes that complement any decor, including satin nickel, antique brass, polished brass, rustic bronze, rustic pewter, and Venetian bronze. Pair it with any Kwikset knob, lever, or handle for a customized look for your entryway that also protects it against intruders.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- Bump Proof
- Pick Proof
- Heavy Duty, Deadbolt Security
- Covers A Standard 2 1/8″ Hole
- Fits Doors 1 3/8″ to 2″ Thick
- Fits Doors up to 5″ Thick with an Extension Kit
Lockey Original Digital Door Locks L2000 M210 are bump proof, mechanical, keyless entry locks which do not require wires, batteries or electricity. These locks are perfect for new doors and easily replace existing hardware on your current doors. They provide keyless security, are easy to install and use, fit most doors and are weather resistant. Covers a standard 2 1/8″ hole. Fits all doors 1 3/8″ to 2″. 2 3/8″ – 2 3/4″ adjustable deadbolt. For right or left handed doors-changeable handling. Combination can be changed. Dimensions: LOCK ONLY 4 7/8″ X 1 7/16″ X 1 3/4″. TOTAL LOCK dimensions with trim plates 5 5/8″ X 2 1/2″. This is the same deadbolt as the Lockey 2000-different manufacturer packaging. Read More
4.7 out of 5 stars
- For use on exterior doors where keyed entry security is needed
- Featuring SmartKey re-key technology; the lock you can re-key yourself in seconds
- Solid zinc construction
- Low-profile cylinders
- Solid Construction Solid Brass Deadbolt Latch with Hardened Steel Roll Pin for Additional Strength and Security
Prestige Collection Traditional Round Single Cylinder Deadbolt Can not be keyed alike to other Baldwin items unless those products have SmartKey® cylinders. Security and elegance find new meaning in Baldwin’s Prestige Collection deadbolts. Available in both single and double cylinder varieties, they feature solid craftsmanship and a simple, graceful design that will perfectly accent any number of styles and themes. Each Prestige lock features the SmartKey system, a brilliant innovation that allows you to rekey locks yourself, easily and quickly, without the necessity of a locksmith. Additionally, each deadbolt is backed by a lifetime mechanical and finish warranty, proving once again that Baldwin is the perfect solution to all of your hardware needs.
4.5 out of 5 stars
- Fully mechanical pushbutton access: no electrical wiring, electronics or batteries
- Extra Heavy Duty Lock; Thousands of possible combinations; Weather Resistant
- Non-handed (reversible) lever for easy installation and versatility
- ASA 161 door prep with additional holes required; Door thickness: 1-3/8″ – 2-1/4″
- Included: 2-3/4″ Backset (Latch); ASA Strike Plate
The Simplex 5000 Series is a heavy duty Mechanical Combination Lock. Combining the traditional Simplex Sequential Code Chamber with a new design housing. The Simplex 5000 is field reversible and non-handed, accepting traditional style cylinders, allowing integration of modern restricted key systems
The latest addition to the line of mechanical pushbutton locks, the Simplex 5000 offers unparalleled strength, convenience and flexibility. This extra heavy-duty lock contains internal drive parts of cast stainless steel and a clutch-free direct-drive design.